Maybe you need some new inspiration for teatime? Here are 10 teatime ideas that are suitable for toddlers:
- Mini Sandwiches: Prepare bite-sized sandwiches using whole grain bread and child-friendly fillings like ham, cream cheese, mashed avocado, or thinly sliced cucumber.
- Fruit Skewers: Thread small pieces of colorful fruits, such as grapes, berries, and melon, onto straws for a fun and nutritious teatime snack.
- Veggie Sticks with Dip: Offer sliced carrots, cucumber, peppers, or cherry tomatoes along with a tasty dip like hummus, yogurt, or guacamole.
- Mini Pancakes: Whip up some mini pancakes using a pancake mix. You can add mashed bananas or blueberries to make them more appealing to toddlers. I used to do just egg, banana and peanut butter and they were a big hit.
- Cheese and Crackers: Serve a selection of mild cheeses like cheddar or mozzarella along with crackers. You can also cut the cheese into fun shapes using cookie cutters.
- Yogurt Parfait: Layer plain or flavored yogurt with fresh fruits and a sprinkle of granola or crushed cereal for a healthy and delicious teatime treat. Freeze before serving to make yogurt bark.
- Mini Muffins: Bake mini muffins with added fruits or vegetables like banana, courgette, or carrot. Opt for recipes with reduced sugar or use natural sweeteners like honey or stewed apple.
- Rice Cakes with Nut Butter: Spread a thin layer of peanut butter or almond butter on rice cakes for a crunchy and satisfying snack. Make sure to choose a nut butter that is safe for your toddler’s age and dietary restrictions.
- Smoothies: Blend together a combination of fruits, yogurt, and a splash of milk to create a nutritious smoothie for your toddler to enjoy during teatime. You can also add spinach or kale for added nutrition.
- Mini Cheese Quesadillas: Fill small tortillas with grated cheese and lightly pan-fry until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy. Cut into wedges and serve as a tasty finger food option.
Remember to always supervise your toddler during teatime and ensure that the food is cut into small, manageable pieces to avoid choking hazards.
It’s also very important to avoid the food messes when weaning the little ones. That’s why at BabyBoo, we created our YummyBoo feeding bib; super easy to clean and incredibly useful! Check out all our designs on our site.