Traveling with a baby can be challenging, especially on a plane. Here are ten tips to help you make the journey more comfortable and enjoyable for both you and your little one:
- Plan ahead: Make sure you have all the necessary documents for your baby, such as a passport if required. Check with the airline for any specific regulations or requirements for traveling with an infant if travelling long haul.
- Choose the right flight time: Opt for flights that align with your baby’s schedule, preferably during their naptime or bedtime. This can help them sleep through a significant portion of the journey.
- Book a bassinet seat: If available, reserve a bassinet seat in advance. These seats usually offer extra space and come with a bassinet attachment that allows your baby to sleep comfortably during the flight.
- Pack essential supplies: Bring enough nappies, wipes, formula or breast milk, baby food (if needed), extra clothes, and a few favorite toys or comfort items. Consider packing extra supplies in case of any delays or unexpected situations.
- Wear your baby: A baby carrier or sling can be helpful for navigating through the airport and keeping your hands free. It also provides a cozy and secure environment for your baby.
- Feed during takeoff and landing: The changes in air pressure during takeoff and landing can cause discomfort in your baby’s ears. Breastfeeding or bottle-feeding during these times can help alleviate the pressure and keep them calm.
- Bring entertainment: Pack a variety of age-appropriate toys, books, or interactive items to keep your baby engaged during the flight. New and exciting distractions can help prevent restlessness and fussiness.
- Dress comfortably: Dress your baby in layers, as the temperature on the plane can vary. Choose comfortable clothes that are easy to change in case of any spills or accidents. On our site you will discover a variety of comfortable clothes for your babies, made with 100% GOTS Certified Organic Cotton to be gentle on their skin. Our suits, cardigans and loungewear are perfect for holyday occasions. Discover them all by clicking here.
- Be prepared for security checks: Take note of the security requirements for traveling with a baby. Pack items in an organized manner to make the security screening process easier. Keep liquids and baby food easily accessible for inspection, if necessary. Use the family lane if available.
- Stay calm and be flexible: Traveling with a baby can be unpredictable, so it’s essential to remain patient and flexible. Your baby might get fussy or restless, but remember that it’s normal. Take breaks when needed, and try to enjoy the experience as much as possible.
Remember, every baby is different, so feel free to adjust these tips to suit your specific needs. Happy travels!