So you have a fussy eater – me too. She won’t eat vegetables, won’t be adventurous and likes to eat to same things day in day out. I’ve recently started encouraging her (again) to try some new things and here are some of the quick wins we’ve had;
- Toaster or grilled Cheese Sandwich: A classic option that most people enjoy. Next step is to introduce ham.
- Chicken Nuggets: Homemade or store-bought, chicken nuggets are often a hit with fussy eaters. Serve with a side of ketchup or a favorite dipping sauce. I make ours by cutting up chicken strips and dipping in egg and crushed up rice crispsies.
- Pasta with Butter and Parmesan: She’s a big fan of this and takes it to school a lot, try fresh pasta as it’s a bit more nutritious.
- Mini Pizzas: Let fussy eaters choose their own toppings and help assemble their mini pizzas using pre-made pizza bases or wraps are the preference here.
- Quesadillas: Fill tortillas with cheese and melt in the pan, try adding roast chicken and dare I say it, a vegetable? We like hummus over here even
- Apple and Cheese sandwiches: cut thin slices of apple and use as the “bread” and pop a slice of cheese in the middle.
- Hummus and bread sticks, I’ve started adding strips of carrot too which she loves.
- Rice Bowls: Create a build-your-own rice bowl station with cooked rice, protein options (e.g., grilled chicken and salmon work here), and various toppings like chopped vegetables, soy sauce, or teriyaki sauce. She loves this with couscous too.
- Mini Quiches: Make mini quiches using muffin tins and fill them with ingredients like cheese, ham, spinach, or mushrooms.
- Wraps or Burritos: Fill tortillas with their choice of fillings like meats, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. You can use a variety of spreads or dressings to enhance the flavors.
Remember, preferences vary from person to person, so it’s essential to consider individual tastes and dietary restrictions when preparing these lunch ideas.
Our YummyBoo is an essential during lunchtime. It will protect your baby’s clothes from food stains and also make them look cute and stylish! Take a look to all our available models.